Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 has rapidly come to an end, with the majority of students successfully completing assessment tasks. Staff and students, both at Grevillea Drive & Alice Outcomes campuses, are to be congratulated on showing great resiliency to complete what has been a most disrupted semester of learning.
All families are asked to discuss the Year 12 Work Completion and Year 10 / 11 Semester 1 reports recently posted home. Let us all continue to work together to identify and implement improvement strategies, so students can achieve to even higher levels.
At the end of this term we wish all the best to Special Education Teacher Christine Burke who commences leave. In Semester Two we welcome Lucy Stewart and Marg McHugh returning from leave, and also welcome new English / Arts teacher Al Strangeways and new Business Manager Laura Annesley.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 21 Jul Semester 2 classes commence
- Tue 28 Jul College Council meeting 5.30pm - all welcome
- Fri 31 Jul Year 12 Semester 1 Progress Reports mailed home
- Mon 3 Aug Picnic Day Public Holiday
- Thu 6 Aug Year 12 Parent/Student/Teacher evening from 5.30pm