Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 3 Work Completion reports for Year 10 & 11 students have been mailed home. Please discuss these with your student & conact classroom teachers to discuss any issues and how you can support your student to catch-up with any class work & assessment tasks they may be behind schedule with.
Year 12 students are in the midst of completing final assessment tasks. Please continue to support them as they conclude their secondary schooling.
Each year all NT schools seek feedback and input from students, staff and parents to guide future planning and development. Below is the link for you to complete our annual 2020 Parent Survey. Please complete this survey online by the end of Week 6 - COB Friday 28 August.
Click on the link below (or cut & paste the URL into your browser)
https://www.schoolsurvey.edu.au/s/SLZwuR2c (case sensitive)
The survey comprises about 20 questions, takes about 10 minutes to complete. Thank you for your assistance; we value your input.
All the best to Tony Collins, currently on leave for knee surgery.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Tue 25 Aug College Council meeting 5.30pm. All welcome
- Fri 11 Sep Year 12 Work Completion Reports posted home
- Wed 16 Sep 2021 Information Evening and college tour
- Thu 17 Sep Years 10 & 11 subject selection for 2021 commences
- Fri 25 Sep Year 10 & 11 Progress Reports posted home
- Fri 25 Sep Last day of Term 3 classes