Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
We trust that all members of the Centralian Senior College community have had a safe & restful holiday break. We are looking forward to building on the successes of 2020 as we all continue our commitment to improving the futures of young Territorians.
Please be aware that at this point in time the café/canteen at CDU is not operating. Students will need to bring their own recess & lunch. CDU are working to secure a new operator for the canteen facility and we will advise all students as soon as this is in place. In the short term a food van is visiting the college at lunch time.
On Thursday 18 February we invite all students, parents and carers to our Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening, from 5.30 to 7pm. Teaching staff will be available for questions and after a tour of the facilities a light supper will be provided.
Paul van Holsteyn — Principal
- Mon 1 Feb 2021 classes commence at 8.25am
- Tue 16 Feb College Council Meeting 5.30pm
- Thu 18 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher from 5.30-7pm
- Tue 9 Mar College Council AGM 5.30pm
- Thu 11 Mar Year 12 camp returns Fri 12 Mar
- Mon 15 Mar VET Block Week for Year 10 - no Year 10 classes operating
- Fri 19 Mar School Professional Development Day - no Year 10, 11 or 12 classes operating