Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
This term we have had three new staff members join our team, so welcome to John Chew, teaching Maths and Science, Emma Schuberg, teaching Art and PLP and our new College Counsellor, Rachael Howard.
We are almost half way through Term 3. Year 12 students continue to complete assessments and progress through the heavy workload to finish school. Families, teachers and other support networks are important at this time to promote a sense of wellbeing and the small steps to success as each task is successfully completed. Supports at this time can include optimising class time with teachers,
supported study at the Polly Farmer/study and enrichment centre from 3 – 5pm on Mondays through to Thursdays, extra support time provided by teachers, wellbeing support provided by mentors, tutorial teachers, wellbeing staff including our new school counsellor and so many others.
We would like to hear from all of you in the form of a school survey. Please take the time to provide us with valued feedback about the educational opportunities you would like to be available for young people in Alice Springs. The link to the survey is below and can be accessed for the next couple of weeks. The survey should take less than 10 minutes and we value your ideas about how we can improve our college.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Thu 2 Sep Year 9 students transition visit.
- Fri 10 Sep Year 12 Progress Reports mailed home.
- Wed 15 Sep 2022 Information evening from 5.30 to 7pm.
- Tue 21 Sep College Council meeting. All welcome to attend.