Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
We are at the mid-point of Term 2, with many exciting and rich learning experiences at the college.
Year 10 students are engaging in their second round of Vocational Education and Training (VET) with a whole week of VET activities replacing usual classes between the 24 – 28 May. Other VET classes continue as scheduled, including the hospitality students practising and showcasing their skills in the Desert Lantern Restaurant on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings during May and June. I encourage you to book a table and enjoy a three course dinner, while supporting our students’ learning.
Term 2 Work Completion reports have been posted home to families, so please speak with your young person and encourage the working behaviours that will see a positive result at the end of this semester
Centralian Senior College is proud to showcase the talents of our students on stage and behind the scenes with a production of Chicago High School Edition being performed on the 1st,, 4th and 5th June at 7:00pm in the Centralian College Theatrette. Tickets cost $5. Please purchase them via Eventbrite or at the door and join us to celebrate our students’ talent and enjoyment of the performing arts.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Tue 1, Fri 4 & Sat 5 Jun Chicago High School Edition. 7pm in the Theatrette
- Fri 11 Jun Interschool Athletics
- Tue 15 Jun College Council meeting 5pm. All welcome to attend.
- Fri 25 Jun Last day of Semester 1 classes. Year 10 & 11 Grades and results posted home.
- Mon 19 Jul Term 3 classes commence at 8.25am.