Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
I would like to begin the first College Update for the year by thanking staff, students, and families for welcoming me into the Centralian Senior school community and Alice Springs. I have moved from Victoria to take on the role as principal and I am very grateful for the opportunity to lead the school community in living our school motto “Excellence in all we do.”
All staff will be participating in a professional learning day in Term 2, Friday 22 April. This day is a wonderful opportunity for staff to connect with their purpose and identify where we are in our continuous improvement cycle. We will be inviting student and parent representatives to participate and share the day with us.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Annual General Meeting of our College Council held on 22 March. We have sent out details via Compass at the end of last week. This is a wonderful opportunity to become involved in our college community.
Joanne Alford - Principal
- Wed 6 Apr Student/parent/teacher evening from 5.30 to 7pm
- Fri 8 Apr Last day Term 1 classes
- Tue 19 Apr Term 2 classes commence
- Fri 22 Apr Whole School Professional Development Day - no classes operating
- Mon 23 May Year 10 VET Block week. No Year 10 classes operating. All Year 10 students to attend either VET Course or supervised study.
- Mon 13 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Fri 24 Jun Last day of Term 2 classes
- Mon 18 Jul Term 3 classes commence