Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
We trust that all members of the Centralian Senior College community have had a safe & restful holiday break. We are looking forward to building on the successes of 2020 as we all continue our commitment to improving the futures of young Territorians.
Please be aware that at this point in time the café/canteen at CDU is not operating. Students will need to bring their own recess & lunch. CDU are working to secure a new operator for the canteen facility and we will advise all students as soon as this is in place. In the short term a food van is visiting the college at lunch time.
On Thursday 18 February we invite all students, parents and carers to our Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening, from 5.30 to 7pm. Teaching staff will be available for questions and after a tour of the facilities a light supper will be provided.
Paul van Holsteyn — Principal
- Mon 1 Feb 2021 classes commence at 8.25am
- Tue 16 Feb College Council Meeting 5.30pm
- Thu 18 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher from 5.30-7pm
- Tue 9 Mar College Council AGM 5.30pm
- Thu 11 Mar Year 12 camp returns Fri 12 Mar
- Mon 15 Mar VET Block Week for Year 10 - no Year 10 classes operating
- Fri 19 Mar School Professional Development Day - no Year 10, 11 or 12 classes operating