Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
We have just mailed Progress Reports home to families. These reports outlines students work habits and grades based on Term 1. These grades are not final, as the work that students complete in Term 2 will also contribute to the final grade that the student will receive in each class. Early next term we will hold Parent Teacher interviews, and we strongly encourage all parent/carers to come in with their young person and meet with teachers to discuss progress, address any challenges and set goals for the remainder of the term. Parent-Teacher interviews will be held on Thursday 29 April from 5.30 to 7pm. We will send more information home to families about this early next term.
I have been asked to step away from the school for a couple of weeks in order to backfill the Senior Director for School Improvement role, which will involve supporting Centralian Senior College as well as the other schools in the Alice Springs Region. Ms Hilary Snaize will be the Principal and Ms Glenda McCarthy has joined Ms Lucy Stewart as an Assistant Principal while I will be away. I return to Centralian Senior College in Week 3.
We hope our students and families have a great week away from school. School resumes for all students on Monday 19th April and we look forward to seeing everyone again on this day.
Paul van Holsteyn — Principal
- Mon 19 Apr Term 2 classes commence at 8.25am.
- Tue 20 Apr College Council meeting at 5.30pm All are welcome to attend.
- Mon 26 Apr ANZAC Day public holiday
- Thu 29 Apr Parent/Student/Teacher interviews 5.30 to 7pm
- Mon 24 May VET Block week for Year 10 students. No Year 10 classes operating.