Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
The end of another school year is upon us and we celebrated the successes of our students at our recent Awards Evening and Year 12 Formal. Students are to be congratulated on their efforts throughout this year. We wish our graduating Year 12 students well with their future endeavours.
I would like to acknowledge and thank all our staff for a successful year at Centralian Senior College. Your dedication and commitment to providing high quality learning opportunities and improving the future options of our students is outstanding.
We would like to thank and bid farewell to Gonzalo Gaces who has retired, Jenny Bourke, Kaine Bell, Vicky Goude, Gina Clifford and John Chew who are moving to new fields of endeavour. We also say thank you and wish all the best to Lucy Stewart and Grace Dutton-Waterford who are taking leave in 2022.
Next year we welcome Ms Joanne Alford to the Principal role. We look forward to working with Ms Alford as she adds to the team of dedicated staff walking alongside our students.
To all members of Centralian Senior College community, enjoy the festive season and have a restful & safe holiday break. We look forward to seeing you in 2022.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Mon 24 Jan 2022 Eligible Year 12 students may commence collecting laptops
- Mon 31 Jan 2022 Term 1 commences at 8.25am with Year Level assemblies
- Thu 17 Feb 2022 Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening from 5.30 to 7pm