Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
I would like to begin the first College Update for the year by thanking staff, students, and families for welcoming me into the Centralian Senior school community and Alice Springs. I have moved from Victoria to take on the role as principal and I am very grateful for the opportunity to lead the school community in living our school motto “Excellence in all we do.”
All staff will be participating in a professional learning day in Term 2, Friday 22 April. This day is a wonderful opportunity for staff to connect with their purpose and identify where we are in our continuous improvement cycle. We will be inviting student and parent representatives to participate and share the day with us.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Annual General Meeting of our College Council held on 22 March. We have sent out details via Compass at the end of last week. This is a wonderful opportunity to become involved in our college community.
Joanne Alford - Principal
- Wed 6 Apr Student/parent/teacher evening from 5.30 to 7pm
- Fri 8 Apr Last day Term 1 classes
- Tue 19 Apr Term 2 classes commence
- Fri 22 Apr Whole School Professional Development Day - no classes operating
- Mon 23 May Year 10 VET Block week. No Year 10 classes operating. All Year 10 students to attend either VET Course or supervised study.
- Mon 13 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Fri 24 Jun Last day of Term 2 classes
- Tue 19 Jul Term 3 classes commence