The Course, Career and Transition Adviser is responsible for the enrolment of students at CentralianSC. The Course, Career and Transition Adviser will conduct an interview with each family before enrolment is processed. To make an appointment please call on 8958 5000.
We understand that making the transition from Year 9 to Year 10 is a very important educational step and welcome the opportunity to build a three year relationship with students. Our Course, Career and Transition Adviser works with Year 9 students to make this transition as smooth as possible. Most students complete a Personal Learning Plan to help identify future goals and assist with subject selection. Students are given a tour of the campus and have the opportunity to meet teachers and support staff. Our aim is to make students feel as comfortable, informed, familiar and as welcome as possible.
PRE-ENROLMENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ENROLMENT INTERVIEW
To enable us to best cater for your child, parents and carers are requested to bring the following completed documents and information to the enrolment interview. These can be collected from the front office, emailed, faxed or downloaded here.
|Centralian Senior College enrolment kit||
Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy of a Birth Certificate must be provided at the enrolment interview. If you do not have a copy there are several ways to obtain a copy. Visit http://www.nt.gov.au/law/bdm/apply-for-birth-death-or-marriage-certificate
or call Births, Deaths & Marriages NT on 8951 5339.
In addition to the above documentation, if transferring from a local non-Government school or from Interstate:
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Visa and Passport if not an Australian citizen
- Copy of medical records – e.g. asthma or diabetes if applicable
- Copy of student file from previous school
- Copy of most recent school reports
- Contact details of person from previous school for additional information
Dear parents & community members,
I would like to begin the first College Update for the year by thanking staff, students, and families for welcoming me into the Centralian Senior school community and Alice Springs. I have moved from Victoria to take on the role as principal and I am very grateful for the opportunity to lead the school community in living our school motto “Excellence in all we do.”
All staff will be participating in a professional learning day in Term 2, Friday 22 April. This day is a wonderful opportunity for staff to connect with their purpose and identify where we are in our continuous improvement cycle. We will be inviting student and parent representatives to participate and share the day with us.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to the Annual General Meeting of our College Council held on 22 March. We have sent out details via Compass at the end of last week. This is a wonderful opportunity to become involved in our college community.
Joanne Alford - Principal
- Wed 6 Apr Student/parent/teacher evening from 5.30 to 7pm
- Fri 8 Apr Last day Term 1 classes
- Tue 19 Apr Term 2 classes commence
- Fri 22 Apr Whole School Professional Development Day - no classes operating
- Mon 23 May Year 10 VET Block week. No Year 10 classes operating. All Year 10 students to attend either VET Course or supervised study.
- Mon 13 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Fri 24 Jun Last day of Term 2 classes
- Mon 18 Jul Term 3 classes commence