From SACE to university
Your application for university and TAFE courses are handled by SATAC (South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre). To be eligible to apply for university, you must:
• complete the SACE
• complete at least 90 credits at Stage 2, of which at least 60 credits must be from 20-credit Tertiary Admissions Subjects (TAS), and the other 30 credits from TAS, and up to 20 credits of Recognised Studies
• complete any prerequisites required for your chosen university courses
• comply with the rules regarding subject combinations and preclusions
• obtain an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
The SATAC website and individual university websites explain what you’ll need to study specific courses.
Dear parents & community members,
This term we have had three new staff members join our team, so welcome to John Chew, teaching Maths and Science, Emma Schuberg, teaching Art and PLP and our new College Counsellor, Rachael Howard.
We are almost half way through Term 3. Year 12 students continue to complete assessments and progress through the heavy workload to finish school. Families, teachers and other support networks are important at this time to promote a sense of wellbeing and the small steps to success as each task is successfully completed. Supports at this time can include optimising class time with teachers,
supported study at the Polly Farmer/study and enrichment centre from 3 – 5pm on Mondays through to Thursdays, extra support time provided by teachers, wellbeing support provided by mentors, tutorial teachers, wellbeing staff including our new school counsellor and so many others.
We would like to hear from all of you in the form of a school survey. Please take the time to provide us with valued feedback about the educational opportunities you would like to be available for young people in Alice Springs. The link to the survey is below and can be accessed for the next couple of weeks. The survey should take less than 10 minutes and we value your ideas about how we can improve our college.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Thu 2 Sep Year 9 students transition visit.
- Fri 10 Sep Year 12 Progress Reports mailed home.
- Wed 15 Sep 2022 Information evening from 5.30 to 7pm.
- Tue 21 Sep College Council meeting. All welcome to attend.