Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
We are at the mid-point of Term 2, with many exciting and rich learning experiences at the college.
Year 10 students are engaging in their second round of Vocational Education and Training (VET) with a whole week of VET activities replacing usual classes between the 24 – 28 May. Other VET classes continue as scheduled, including the hospitality students practising and showcasing their skills in the Desert Lantern Restaurant on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings during May and June. I encourage you to book a table and enjoy a three course dinner, while supporting our students’ learning.
Term 2 Work Completion reports have been posted home to families, so please speak with your young person and encourage the working behaviours that will see a positive result at the end of this semester
Centralian Senior College is proud to showcase the talents of our students on stage and behind the scenes with a production of Chicago High School Edition being performed on the 1st,, 4th and 5th June at 7:00pm in the Centralian College Theatrette. Tickets cost $5. Please purchase them via Eventbrite or at the door and join us to celebrate our students’ talent and enjoyment of the performing arts.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Tue 1, Fri 4 & Sat 5 Jun Chicago High School Edition. 7pm in the Theatrette
- Fri 11 Jun Interschool Athletics
- Tue 15 Jun College Council meeting 5pm. All welcome to attend.
- Fri 25 Jun Last day of Semester 1 classes. Year 10 & 11 Grades and results posted home.
- Mon 19 Jul Term 3 classes commence at 8.25am.