Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
At our recent Awards Evening and Year 12 Formal, many references were made and thanks given to our extraordinary staff by students, parents and myself for their dedication and devotion in continuing to provide high quality learning opportunities for our young people.
Students are also to be congratulated on their efforts throughout the year. We wish our graduating Year 12 students well with their future endeavours and ask them to keep in touch as they move into the next phase of their lives.
Early in 2020 we will send out Day 1 commencement information including details of the use of Back to School Vouchers, College Dress Code (minimum standard of College polo shirt) and processes of how eligible Year 12 students may collect their student laptop in the week prior to commencement of classes.
To all members of Centralian Senior College community, enjoy the festive season and have a restful & safe holiday break as we look forward to building on the successes of 2018 in 2019.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 28 Jan 2020 classes commence with Year Level assemblies at 8.25am
- Thu 13 Feb Meet the Teacher Evening from 5.30-7pm