Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Please click here to read a letter from the NT Minister of Education explaining how our school is operating until the end of term. Monday 6 – Thursday 9 April (week 11) has been designated as professional development days for staff to prepare for learning at home (online and hard copy) in Term 2.
As per previous communication home, staff are continuing to prepare some learning for students currently at home. This learning will predominantly be online utilising student laptops, with Year 12 online course development being our highest priority.
Please remind / inform your student to regularly check their ntschools.net email to receive correspondence from teachers.
Any issues in continuing learning at home not underway by mid next week (Wed 1 April), please contact the college on 8958 5000
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 24 Mar College Council meeting 5.30pm - all welcome
- Thu 9 Apr Last day of Term 1 classes - Progress Reports mailed home
- Mon 20 Apr Term 2 classes commence