Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 has rapidly come to an end, with the majority of students successfully completing assessment tasks. Staff and students, both at Grevillea Drive & Alice Outcomes campuses, are to be congratulated on showing great resiliency to complete what has been a most disrupted semester of learning.
All families are asked to discuss the Year 12 Work Completion and Year 10 / 11 Semester 1 reports recently posted home. Let us all continue to work together to identify and implement improvement strategies, so students can achieve to even higher levels.
At the end of this term we wish all the best to Special Education Teacher Christine Burke who commences leave. In Semester Two we welcome Lucy Stewart and Marg McHugh returning from leave, and also welcome new English / Arts teacher Al Strangeways and new Business Manager Laura Annesley.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 21 Jul Semester 2 classes commence
- Tue 28 Jul College Council meeting 5.30pm - all welcome
- Fri 31 Jul Year 12 Semester 1 Progress Reports mailed home
- Mon 3 Aug Picnic Day Public Holiday
- Thu 6 Aug Year 12 Parent/Student/Teacher evening from 5.30pm