Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
This term we have had three new staff members join our team, so welcome to John Chew, teaching Maths and Science, Emma Schuberg, teaching Art and PLP and our new College Counsellor, Rachael Howard.
We are almost half way through Term 3. Year 12 students continue to complete assessments and progress through the heavy workload to finish school. Families, teachers and other support networks are important at this time to promote a sense of wellbeing and the small steps to success as each task is successfully completed. Supports at this time can include optimising class time with teachers,
supported study at the Polly Farmer/study and enrichment centre from 3 – 5pm on Mondays through to Thursdays, extra support time provided by teachers, wellbeing support provided by mentors, tutorial teachers, wellbeing staff including our new school counsellor and so many others.
We would like to hear from all of you in the form of a school survey. Please take the time to provide us with valued feedback about the educational opportunities you would like to be available for young people in Alice Springs. The link to the survey is below and can be accessed for the next couple of weeks. The survey should take less than 10 minutes and we value your ideas about how we can improve our college.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Thu 2 Sep Year 9 students transition visit.
- Fri 10 Sep Year 12 Progress Reports mailed home.
- Wed 15 Sep 2022 Information evening from 5.30 to 7pm.
- Tue 21 Sep College Council meeting. All welcome to attend.