Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
We have just mailed Progress Reports home to families. These reports outlines students work habits and grades based on Term 1. These grades are not final, as the work that students complete in Term 2 will also contribute to the final grade that the student will receive in each class. Early next term we will hold Parent Teacher interviews, and we strongly encourage all parent/carers to come in with their young person and meet with teachers to discuss progress, address any challenges and set goals for the remainder of the term. Parent-Teacher interviews will be held on Thursday 29 April from 5.30 to 7pm. We will send more information home to families about this early next term.
I have been asked to step away from the school for a couple of weeks in order to backfill the Senior Director for School Improvement role, which will involve supporting Centralian Senior College as well as the other schools in the Alice Springs Region. Ms Hilary Snaize will be the Principal and Ms Glenda McCarthy has joined Ms Lucy Stewart as an Assistant Principal while I will be away. I return to Centralian Senior College in Week 3.
We hope our students and families have a great week away from school. School resumes for all students on Monday 19th April and we look forward to seeing everyone again on this day.
Paul van Holsteyn — Principal
- Mon 19 Apr Term 2 classes commence at 8.25am.
- Tue 20 Apr College Council meeting at 5.30pm All are welcome to attend.
- Mon 26 Apr ANZAC Day public holiday
- Thu 29 Apr Parent/Student/Teacher interviews 5.30 to 7pm
- Mon 24 May VET Block week for Year 10 students. No Year 10 classes operating.