Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 3 Work Completion reports for Year 10 & 11 students have been mailed home. Please discuss these with your student & conact classroom teachers to discuss any issues and how you can support your student to catch-up with any class work & assessment tasks they may be behind schedule with.
Year 12 students are in the midst of completing final assessment tasks. Please continue to support them as they conclude their secondary schooling.
Each year all NT schools seek feedback and input from students, staff and parents to guide future planning and development. Below is the link for you to complete our annual 2020 Parent Survey. Please complete this survey online by the end of Week 6 - COB Friday 28 August.
Click on the link below (or cut & paste the URL into your browser)
https://www.schoolsurvey.edu.au/s/SLZwuR2c (case sensitive)
The survey comprises about 20 questions, takes about 10 minutes to complete. Thank you for your assistance; we value your input.
All the best to Tony Collins, currently on leave for knee surgery.
Hilary Snaize — Acting Principal
- Tue 25 Aug College Council meeting 5.30pm. All welcome
- Fri 11 Sep Year 12 Work Completion Reports posted home
- Wed 16 Sep 2021 Information Evening and college tour
- Thu 17 Sep Years 10 & 11 subject selection for 2021 commences
- Fri 25 Sep Year 10 & 11 Progress Reports posted home
- Fri 25 Sep Last day of Term 3 classes