Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
The 2017 school year at Centralian Senior College has drawn to a successful conclusion. At our Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening and other recent events, many references were made and thanks given to our extraordinary staff by students, parents and myself for their dedication and devotion in continuing to provide high quality learning opportunities for our young people. Students are also to be congratulated on their efforts throughout the year. We wish our graduating Year 12 students well with their future endeavours and ask them to keep in touch as they move into the next phase of their lives.
To all members of Centralian Senior College community, enjoy the festive season and have a restful & safe holiday break as we look forward to growing on the successes of 2017 in 2018.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 29 Jan 2018 classes commence at 8.30am
- Thu 15 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher evening from 5.30pm