Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
All students & families are reminded that students can access additional support beyond the classroom teacher during mentoring time or at the after school Study Centre, operating every Monday to Thursday 3-5pm in Room 136. Afternoon tea and an in town bus ride home is provided.
The end of the school year is rapidly coming with Year 12 exams well underway and all students completing final assessment tasks. All the best to our Year 12 students as they complete their secondary schooling.
Year 10 & 11 parents & students are asked to discuss the mid Term 4 Work Completion reports, mailed home on Friday 3 November & make contact with Teachers and Mentors should assistance be required to identify any class works yet to be completed.
Looking forward to catching up with you all at the Year 12 Formal & Presentation & Year 12 Awards Evening.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 21 Nov Clontarf End of Year Awards 5.30pm
- Thu 23 Nov Stage 1 (Year 11) exams commence - see newsletter for details
- Wed 29 Nov Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening - 7pm at Araluen Centre
- Thu 30 Nov Year 10 exams commence - see newsletter for details
- Fri 1 Dec Year 12 Formal - 6pm at the Convention Centre
- Tue 5 Dec College Council meeting 5.30pm