Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
Centralian Senior College invites all families, students, staff and the Alice Springs community to come and enjoy the our College’s rich and active arts program at the 2018 Twilight Arts Festival on Thursday 15 November from 6 – 8 pm.
Now in its second year, the Festival will showcase arts produced by Year 10, 11 and 12 students as well as Year 9 students from Centralian Middle School, and Bradshaw Primary School Year 5 / 6 students, who all have been involved in transition programs throughout the year.
Run by the Year 11 Event Management class, the Festival is held on the College front lawns and will features food stalls, craft, live music and dance and roving performances, interactive art installations, kids spaces and art displays.
Hoping to see you and your family there.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 5 Nov Stage 2 (Year 12) final exams commence
- Fri 9 Nov Year 10 & 11 Work Completion reports mailed home
- Wed 14 Nov Clontarf End of Year Awards Evening at 6pm
- Thu 15 Nov Twilight Arts Festival. 6pm on College lawns
- Mon 19 Nov VET Intensive Block Week for all Year 10 students
- Wed 28 Nov Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening at Araluen Arts Centre - 7pm
- Fri 30 Nov Year 12 Formal at the Convention Centre. Arrivals from 6pm