Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
Another busy and successful semester of learning has concluded for our students. Congratulations to all students who have made
All families are asked to discuss the Year 12 Work Completion and Year 10 / 11 Semester 1 reports recently posted home. Let us all
continue to work together to identify and implement improvement strategies, so students can achieve to even higher levels.
Next term we welcome Cynthia Ahmat, Mandy Hargreaves, Kylie Bennett and Jennifer Montgomery to our teaching staff, as Hilary Snaize, Jane Hunt and Jenny Bourke commence leave. To all students, families and staff, have a well earnt break – with Year 12 students continuing some study, revision and catch-up if needed, as they recharge their batteries for the run down the home straight of Semester 2.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 16 Jul Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence
- Tue 24 JUl Term 3 classes commence
- Thu 9 Aug Year 12 Parent.Student/Teacher evening from 5.30pm
- Fri 31 Aug Whole School Professional Development Day. No classes operating. Study support available for Year 12 students.
- Fri 28 Sep Final day Term 3
- Mon 15 Oct Term 4 commences