Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 is already nearly half way over with students engaging in a wide range of learning activities. Mid-term work completion reports for Year 10 –12 students have been posted home. Please discuss these with your student and follow-up with teachers any issues, so that student achievement is optimised and all are well prepared for upcoming exams.
Congratulations Juice and Ceenah on winning Best Band and Best Solo Artist at the 2018 NT Battle of the School Bands recently. Ceenah also took out Runner Up for Best Song. Well done to everyone involved, Juice (Felise Naufahu, Ricky Bloomfield, Tjamiwa Presley, Shawn Foster and Brodie Roesch) and Ceenah (Riana Naufahu), all head back to Darwin this weekend to perform alongside national artists
including Paul Kelly, at the Territory’s biggest music event, BASS IN THE GRASS. What an outstanding opportunity to continue the
development of their musical talents.
Great thanks and congratulations to families of students and College staff who have taught, assisted and supported Juice & Riana over the last years, in particular Music Teacher Genevieve O’Loughlin & Rob Ward.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Sun 10 Jun Languages Japan Tour departs
- Mon 11 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Thu 14 Jun Year 11 exams commence
- Wed 20 Jun Year 10 Maths & English exams commence
- Mon 25 Jun Semester 2 classes commence for Year 10 & Stage 1
- Fri 29 Jun Last day Term 2 classes
- Mon 16 Jul Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence
- Tue 24 JUl Term 3 classes commence