Centralian Senior College has a full time school based counsellor whose role is to increase the capacity of the school to enhance the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of the school community. This is achieved by:
• Supporting students and their families by providing information, counselling, mediation, advocacy, referral and linkages with external agencies.
• Short term support and referrals for staff.
• Promotion of the emotional and social wellbeing of the College community through whole school programmes (see link to the Love Bites programme) and information.
• Contribution to College policies and practices.
• Providing information to classes and facilitating sessions on topics of interest such as Asperger’s Syndrome, study skills, time management.
• Assistance to teachers by being involved in meetings with students/parents/carers, supporting students who are at academic risk and have any other social and emotional issues.
Social and Emotional wellbeing Local Youth Services – Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Youth Accommodation Support Services (ASYASS) Ph 89534200
- Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
o Youth Team – 89533633
o Men’s Health – 89584567
- Central Australia Mental Health Service (CAMHS) Youth Team – 89515950
- Central Australia Women’s Legal Service (CAWLS) – 89524055, freecall 1800014055
- Headspace Central Australia – 89584544
- Relationships Australia – 89504100
- Sexual Assault Centre (SARC) - 89554500
Bullying and Harassment
Bullying and harassment involves a person or group using unwanted and unwelcome behavior to hurt, upset, scare or shame another person. At… Read More.
Love Bites Respectful Relationships Program Centralian Senior College has a strong commitment to the development of respectful relationships and… Read More.
Lawstuff is a website dedicated to providing legal information to children and young people in Australia. Has information specific to each state and… Read More.
The Other Talk, A Drug Foundation (ADF) website that has all the information parents need in order to have The Other Talk (about alcohol and drugs)… Read More.
In any relationship, there are things that are black and white and there are grey areas. The Line helps young people navigate those grey areas, so… Read More.
The youth website of Beyond Blue – information, resources, facts sheets for young people and parents about Depression and Anxiety, the most… Read More.
Dear parents & community members,
The end of a busy, productive and challenging Term 1 has arrived with staff and students taking a well deserved break.
Students have been reminded of our heading towards young adult behaviours in allowing students to bring mobile phones to College and only use them during recess and lunch break times. During class time, College expectations are that mobile phones are to be away and on silent during class / lesson / learning time, including change of lesson, unless the classroom teacher has given specific instruction to utilise student phones during learning activities.
Term 1 Progress Reports for your student have been posted home. Please discuss these with your child and come along to the Parent / Student / Teacher interview evening on Thursday 26 April 5:30 —7pm, to discuss how our young people can achieve to even higher levels. Looking forward to many positive discussions at this important event.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 23 Apr Term 2 classes resume
- Wed 25 Apr ANZAC Day Holiday
- Thu 26 Apr Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews 5.30pm-7pm
- Mon 7 May May Day Public Holiday