Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
Centralian Senior College invites all families, students, staff and the Alice Springs community to come and enjoy the our College’s rich and active arts program at the 2018 Twilight Arts Festival on Thursday 15 November from 6 – 8 pm.
Now in its second year, the Festival will showcase arts produced by Year 10, 11 and 12 students as well as Year 9 students from Centralian Middle School, and Bradshaw Primary School Year 5 / 6 students, who all have been involved in transition programs throughout the year.
Run by the Year 11 Event Management class, the Festival is held on the College front lawns and will features food stalls, craft, live music and dance and roving performances, interactive art installations, kids spaces and art displays.
Hoping to see you and your family there.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 5 Nov Stage 2 (Year 12) final exams commence
- Fri 9 Nov Year 10 & 11 Work Completion reports mailed home
- Wed 14 Nov Clontarf End of Year Awards Evening at 6pm
- Thu 15 Nov Twilight Arts Festival. 6pm on College lawns
- Mon 19 Nov VET Intensive Block Week for all Year 10 students
- Wed 28 Nov Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening at Araluen Arts Centre - 7pm
- Fri 30 Nov Year 12 Formal at the Convention Centre. Arrivals from 6pm