Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 3 has come to a successful conclusion, with many engaging Term 3 learning activities. Year 12 students are finalising assessment tasks and preparing for examinations. Please continue to support them as their secondary schooling concludes and they transition to life after school. The Year 12 Study Centre will be open and available for students to utilise during the upcoming
mid-semester break (1 - 12 October), with trial examinations commencing Friday 5 October and final Year 12 / Stage 2 examinations soon after.
Term 3 Progress Reports for Year 10 & 11 students have been mailed home. Parents, please discuss these with your child /
children and come along to the Years 10 & 11 Parent / Student / Teacher interviews on Tuesday 23 October (Week 2 Term 4), to discuss how these achievement grades can be improved even further.
All students and families are reminded of the support available to complete homework and classwork at the Polly Farmer & College Homework Centre, afterschool from 3 - 5pm every Monday to Thursday, in Room 136. There is afternoon tea to ‘feed the brain’ and a bus ride home within the town area provided.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Fri 5 Oct Stage 2 (Year 12) Trial Exams commence
- Mon 15 Oct Term 4 commences
- Tue 23 Oct Year 10 & 11 Parent/Teacher/Student interviews 5.30-7pm
- Thu 25 Oct College Council meeting 5.30pm
- Fri 26 Oct World Teachers' Day
- Fri 2 Nov Year 12 'Big Lunch In' 12.20-1pm in the Year 12 Study Centre