Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
The end of a busy, productive and challenging Term 1 has arrived with staff and students taking a well deserved break.
Students have been reminded of our heading towards young adult behaviours in allowing students to bring mobile phones to College and only use them during recess and lunch break times. During class time, College expectations are that mobile phones are to be away and on silent during class / lesson / learning time, including change of lesson, unless the classroom teacher has given specific instruction to utilise student phones during learning activities.
Term 1 Progress Reports for your student have been posted home. Please discuss these with your child and come along to the Parent / Student / Teacher interview evening on Thursday 26 April 5:30 —7pm, to discuss how our young people can achieve to even higher levels. Looking forward to many positive discussions at this important event.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 23 Apr Term 2 classes resume
- Wed 25 Apr ANZAC Day Holiday
- Thu 26 Apr Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews 5.30pm-7pm
- Mon 7 May May Day Public Holiday