Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
Our 2019 school year has had a busy start. Thanks to all members of the College community for your support College at our well attended Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening in Week 3 and of our recent Whole School Professional Development Day last week. Staff worked with visiting Senior Years Team curriculum officers and colleagues from other local schools to ensure their learning plans and associated assessment tasks supported students to optimise their engagement and achievement in Stage 2 / Year 12 courses. Professional learning from this day will flow through to Year 10 and Stage 1 courses.
Thanks also to parent support at our College Council AGM. Parents Tanya White, Lauren Winter and Tanya Becker were elected to Council, joining continuing members Liz Hay, Janette Gunner. Belinda Harding is the staff representative, Fred Richardson continues as Invited member with Student Representative Council members sharing the role of representing students at monthly Council meetings. The next meeting is Tuesday March from 5:30pm in the conference room – parents are welcome to attend Council meetings.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 11 Mar VET Intensive Block Week for Year 10. No Year 10 classes operate during this week.
- Fri 12 April Last day of Term 1
- Tue 23 Apr Term 2 classes commence