Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
Another busy and successful semester of learning has concluded for our students. Congratulations to all students who have made
All families are asked to discuss the Year 12 Work Completion and Year 10 / 11 Semester 1 reports recently posted home. Let us all
continue to work together to identify and implement improvement strategies, so students can achieve to even higher levels.
Next term we welcome Cynthia Ahmat, Mandy Hargreaves, Kylie Bennett and Jennifer Montgomery to our teaching staff, as Hilary Snaize, Jane Hunt and Jenny Bourke commence leave. To all students, families and staff, have a well earnt break – with Year 12 students continuing some study, revision and catch-up if needed, as they recharge their batteries for the run down the home straight of Semester 2.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Wed 19 Sep 2019 Information Evening for families & students from 5.30pm
- Thu 27 Sep College Council meeting 5.30pm
- Fri 28 Sep Final day Term 3 - Year 10 & 11 Progress Reports posted home.
- Mon 8 Oct Stage 2 (Year 12) Trial Exams commence
- Mon 15 Oct Term 4 commences