Examination and Reporting
A range of Year 10 and NTCET courses include one or more examinations as part of assessment requirements. Year 10 and Stage 1 examinations are generally held at the conclusion of courses - during Weeks 18 and / or 19 of each semester. For Stage 2 courses examinations are generally held near the end of Term 2, Week 31 – start of Term 4 (for Trial Examinations) and Weeks 35-37 of Term 4 (for SACE Board External Examinations).
Centralian Senior College employs a number of means of communication with parents in order to keep them informed of their student's progress. Formal reporting occurs regularly with:
A variety of written reports are provided throughout the year and include:
• For Year 10s & 11s - A mid-semester Progress Report (with comments) in Week 10 of each semester and a Transcript Report at the end of each semester providing a summary of achievement in each course with an for Year 10s and Year 11s.
• For Year 12s - Progress Reports (with comments) issued in Weeks 10 (Term 1) and 22 (during Term 3). At the end of the year, Northern Territory Board of Studies / SACE Board of SA provide a final summary of student achievement in each course with an A+ to E- Grade.
Parent Teacher Interview Evenings
These meetings are held at varying times throughout the year. Parents will be notified through the College Newsletters
Parents are always welcome to contact the College on 8959 5500 at any time to discuss their student's progress.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 is already nearly half way over with students engaging positively in a wide range of learning activities. Mid-term work completion reports for Year 10 –12 students have been posted home last week. Please discuss these with your student and follow-up with teachers any issues, so that student achievement is optimised and all are well prepared for completing assessment tasks & undertaking upcoming exams. Our afterschool Polly Farmer & College Study Centre, Monday to Thursdays 3-5pm in room 136, is a most accessible resource for students to complete homework, undertake enrichment studies or catch up on work. Afternoon tea and a bus ride home with town is available.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 20 May Year 10 VET Intensive week. No Year 10 classes operate.
- Mon 8 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Thu 13 Jun Year 11 exams commence
- Thu 20 Jun Year 10 Maths exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 10 English exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 12 Work Completion reports posted home
- Mon 24 Jun Semester 2 courses commence for Years 10 & Stage 1
- Fri 28 Jun Last day Term 2 classes
- Mon 15 July Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence (third week of holiday break)
- Tue 23 Jul Term 3 classes commence