The Course, Career and Transition Adviser is responsible for the enrolment of students at CentralianSC. The Course, Career and Transition Adviser will conduct an interview with each student before enrolment is accepted. Parents are also welcome at enrolment interviews. To make an appointment please call on 8958 5000.
We understand that making the transition from Year 9 to Year 10 is a very important educational step and welcome the opportunity to build a three year relationship with students. Our Course, Career and Transition Adviser works with Year 9 students to make this transition as smooth as possible. Most students complete a Personal Learning Plan to help identify future goals and assist with subject selection. Students are given a tour of the campus and have the opportunity to meet teachers and support staff. Our aim is to make students feel as comfortable, informed, familiar and as welcome as possible.
PRE-ENROLMENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ENROLMENT INTERVIEW
To enable us to best cater for your child, parents and carers are requested to bring the following completed documents and information to the enrolment interview. These can be collected from the front office, emailed, faxed or downloaded here.
|Centralian Senior College enrolment kit||
Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy of a Birth Certificate must be provided at the enrolment interview. If you do not have a copy there are several ways to obtain a copy. Visit http://www.nt.gov.au/law/bdm/apply-for-birth-death-or-marriage-certificate
or call Births, Deaths & Marriages NT on 8951 5339.
In addition to the above documentation, if transferring from a local non-Government school or from Interstate:
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Visa and Passport if not an Australian citizen
- Copy of medical records – e.g. asthma or diabetes if applicable
- Copy of student file from previous school
- Copy of most recent school reports
- Contact details of person from previous school for additional information
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 is already nearly half way over with students engaging positively in a wide range of learning activities. Mid-term work completion reports for Year 10 –12 students have been posted home last week. Please discuss these with your student and follow-up with teachers any issues, so that student achievement is optimised and all are well prepared for completing assessment tasks & undertaking upcoming exams. Our afterschool Polly Farmer & College Study Centre, Monday to Thursdays 3-5pm in room 136, is a most accessible resource for students to complete homework, undertake enrichment studies or catch up on work. Afternoon tea and a bus ride home with town is available.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 20 May Year 10 VET Intensive week. No Year 10 classes operate.
- Mon 8 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Thu 13 Jun Year 11 exams commence
- Thu 20 Jun Year 10 Maths exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 10 English exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 12 Work Completion reports posted home
- Mon 24 Jun Semester 2 courses commence for Years 10 & Stage 1
- Fri 28 Jun Last day Term 2 classes
- Mon 15 July Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence (third week of holiday break)
- Tue 23 Jul Term 3 classes commence