The Course, Career and Transition Adviser is responsible for the enrolment of students at CentralianSC. The Course, Career and Transition Adviser will conduct an interview with each student before enrolment is accepted. Parents are also welcome at enrolment interviews. To make an appointment please call on 8958 5000.
We understand that making the transition from Year 9 to Year 10 is a very important educational step and welcome the opportunity to build a three year relationship with students. Our Course, Career and Transition Adviser works with Year 9 students to make this transition as smooth as possible. Most students complete a Personal Learning Plan to help identify future goals and assist with subject selection. Students are given a tour of the campus and have the opportunity to meet teachers and support staff. Our aim is to make students feel as comfortable, informed, familiar and as welcome as possible.
PRE-ENROLMENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ENROLMENT INTERVIEW
To enable us to best cater for your child, parents and carers are requested to bring the following completed documents and information to the enrolment interview. These can be collected from the front office, emailed, faxed or downloaded here.
|Centralian Senior College enrolment kit||
Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy of a Birth Certificate must be provided at the enrolment interview. If you do not have a copy there are several ways to obtain a copy. Visit http://www.nt.gov.au/law/bdm/apply-for-birth-death-or-marriage-certificate
or call Births, Deaths & Marriages NT on 8951 5339.
In addition to the above documentation, if transferring from a local non-Government school or from Interstate:
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Visa and Passport if not an Australian citizen
- Copy of medical records – e.g. asthma or diabetes if applicable
- Copy of student file from previous school
- Copy of most recent school report
- Contact details of person from previous school for additional information
Dear parents & community members,
All students & families are reminded that students can access additional support beyond the classroom teacher during mentoring time or at the after school Study Centre, operating every Monday to Thursday 3-5pm in Room 136. Afternoon tea and an in town bus ride home is provided.
The end of the school year is rapidly coming with Year 12 exams well underway and all students completing final assessment tasks. All the best to our Year 12 students as they complete their secondary schooling.
Year 10 & 11 parents & students are asked to discuss the mid Term 4 Work Completion reports, mailed home on Friday 3 November & make contact with Teachers and Mentors should assistance be required to identify any class works yet to be completed.
Looking forward to catching up with you all at the Year 12 Formal & Presentation & Year 12 Awards Evening.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 21 Nov Clontarf End of Year Awards 5.30pm
- Thu 23 Nov Stage 1 (Year 11) exams commence - see newsletter for details
- Wed 29 Nov Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening - 7pm at Araluen Centre
- Thu 30 Nov Year 10 exams commence - see newsletter for details
- Fri 1 Dec Year 12 Formal - 6pm at the Convention Centre
- Tue 5 Dec College Council meeting 5.30pm