The Course, Career and Transition Adviser is responsible for the enrolment of students at CentralianSC. The Course, Career and Transition Adviser will conduct an interview with each student before enrolment is accepted. Parents are also welcome at enrolment interviews. To make an appointment please call on 8958 5000.
We understand that making the transition from Year 9 to Year 10 is a very important educational step and welcome the opportunity to build a three year relationship with students. Our Course, Career and Transition Adviser works with Year 9 students to make this transition as smooth as possible. Most students complete a Personal Learning Plan to help identify future goals and assist with subject selection. Students are given a tour of the campus and have the opportunity to meet teachers and support staff. Our aim is to make students feel as comfortable, informed, familiar and as welcome as possible.
PRE-ENROLMENT INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR ENROLMENT INTERVIEW
To enable us to best cater for your child, parents and carers are requested to bring the following completed documents and information to the enrolment interview. These can be collected from the front office, emailed, faxed or downloaded here.
|Centralian Senior College enrolment kit||
Copy of Birth Certificate - A copy of a Birth Certificate must be provided at the enrolment interview. If you do not have a copy there are several ways to obtain a copy. Visit http://www.nt.gov.au/law/bdm/apply-for-birth-death-or-marriage-certificate
or call Births, Deaths & Marriages NT on 8951 5339.
In addition to the above documentation, if transferring from a local non-Government school or from Interstate:
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or Visa and Passport if not an Australian citizen
- Copy of medical records – e.g. asthma or diabetes if applicable
- Copy of student file from previous school
- Copy of most recent school reports
- Contact details of person from previous school for additional information
Dear parents & community members,
Welcome to all for the 2019 school year at Centralian Senior College. A special welcome to over 120 new students and their families. It has been a busy, positive start to the school year, with classes commencing learning activities during their first lessons on Day 1.
To all families and students, new and continuing, please come along to our week 3 Meet the Mentor / Teacher evening on Thursday 14 February, commencing 5:30pm in the theatrette. Following some general information about how our College functions and introductions of key support staff, families will be able to meet their child’s Mentors & Teachers and discuss programs for the upcoming year. There will also be year level specific presentations targeting additional important imformation. Join us afterwards in the foyer for a light supper—a sausage sizzle prepared by Girls Academy & Clontarf students.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 29 Jan 2019 classes commence with assemblies at 8.25am
- Thu 14 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening from 5.30pm
- Thu 21 Feb College Council meeting 5.30pm. All welcome
- Fri 1 Mar Whole School professional Development Day. No Year 10-12 classes operating.
- Tue 5 Mar College Council AGM 5.30pm. All welcome
- Fri 8 Mar Term 1 Work Completion Reports mailed home.
- Mon 11 Mar VET Intensive Block Week for Year 10. No Year 10 classes operate during this week.