Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 is already nearly half way over with students engaging in a wide range of learning activities. Mid-term work completion reports for Year 10 –12 students have been posted home. Please discuss these with your student and follow-up with teachers any issues, so that student achievement is optimised and all are well prepared for upcoming exams.
Congratulations Juice and Ceenah on winning Best Band and Best Solo Artist at the 2018 NT Battle of the School Bands recently. Ceenah also took out Runner Up for Best Song. Well done to everyone involved, Juice (Felise Naufahu, Ricky Bloomfield, Tjamiwa Presley, Shawn Foster and Brodie Roesch) and Ceenah (Riana Naufahu), all head back to Darwin this weekend to perform alongside national artists
including Paul Kelly, at the Territory’s biggest music event, BASS IN THE GRASS. What an outstanding opportunity to continue the
development of their musical talents.
Great thanks and congratulations to families of students and College staff who have taught, assisted and supported Juice & Riana over the last years, in particular Music Teacher Genevieve O’Loughlin & Rob Ward.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Sun 10 Jun Languages Japan Tour departs
- Mon 11 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Thu 14 Jun Year 11 exams commence
- Wed 20 Jun Year 10 Maths & English exams commence
- Mon 25 Jun Semester 2 classes commence for Year 10 & Stage 1
- Fri 29 Jun Last day Term 2 classes
- Mon 16 Jul Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence
- Tue 24 JUl Term 3 classes commence