Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Another busy and successful semester of learning has concluded for our students. Congratulations to all students who have made
All families are asked to discuss the Year 12 Work Completion and Year 10 / 11 Semester 1 reports recently posted home. Let us all
continue to work together to identify and implement improvement strategies, so students can achieve to even higher levels.
Next term we welcome Cynthia Ahmat, Mandy Hargreaves, Kylie Bennett and Jennifer Montgomery to our teaching staff, as Hilary Snaize, Jane Hunt and Jenny Bourke commence leave. To all students, families and staff, have a well earnt break – with Year 12 students continuing some study, revision and catch-up if needed, as they recharge their batteries for the run down the home straight of Semester 2.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Wed 19 Sep 2019 Information Evening for families & students from 5.30pm
- Thu 27 Sep College Council meeting 5.30pm
- Fri 28 Sep Final day Term 3 - Year 10 & 11 Progress Reports posted home.
- Mon 8 Oct Stage 2 (Year 12) Trial Exams commence
- Mon 15 Oct Term 4 commences