Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Centralian Senior College invites all families, students, staff and the Alice Springs community to come and enjoy the our College’s rich and active arts program at the 2019 Twilight Arts Festival on Thursday 21 November from 6 - 8pm.
On display will be arts from a range of disciplines including Visual Arts, Drama, Music, Creative Arts, Photography and Media Arts. Integrated Learning and Food and Hospitality students will also contribute to the event.
Now in its third year, the Festival will showcase arts produced by Year 10, 11 and 12 students as well as Year 9 students from Centralian Middle School students, who all have been involved in transition programs throughout the year.
The Festival is held on the College front lawns and will features food stalls, craft, live music and dance and roving performances, interactive art installations, kids spaces and art displays.
Hoping to see you and your family there.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 4 Nov Stage 2 (Year 12) final exams commence
- Thu 21 Nov Twilight Festival
- Mon 25 Nov Stage 1 (Year 11) final exams commence
- Wed 27 Nov Awards & Year 12 Presentation evening. Araluen Centre at 7pm
- Fri 29 Nov Year 12 Formal. Alice Springs Convention Centre 6-10pm