Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
The 2017 school year at Centralian Senior College has drawn to a successful conclusion. At our Awards & Year 12 Presentation Evening and other recent events, many references were made and thanks given to our extraordinary staff by students, parents and myself for their dedication and devotion in continuing to provide high quality learning opportunities for our young people. Students are also to be congratulated on their efforts throughout the year. We wish our graduating Year 12 students well with their future endeavours and ask them to keep in touch as they move into the next phase of their lives.
To all members of Centralian Senior College community, enjoy the festive season and have a restful & safe holiday break as we look forward to growing on the successes of 2017 in 2018.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 29 Jan 2018 classes commence at 8.30am
- Thu 15 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher evening from 5.30pm