Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
We are over half way through Term 3, with numerous highly engaging and successful learning activities happening both inside and outside of classrooms, many highlighted in this newsletter.
Year 12 students are in the midst of completing final assessment tasks, with many preparing for exams. Please continue to support them as they conclude their secondary schooling.
During Term 3, much effort goes towards planning for the 2018 school year, including transition visits for Year 9 students, which are well under way, and 2018 subject selections by the current Year 10 & 11 students.
A 2018 Information Evening is being held at the college from 5.30pm to 7.00pm in the theatrette on Wednesday 20 September. All are welcome to come along, meet the staff and tour the facilities.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Wed 20 Sep 2018 Information Evening in the theatrette from 5.30pm. Supper provided.