Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Our 2019 school year has had a busy start. Thanks to all members of the College community for your support College at our well attended Meet the Mentor/Teacher Evening in Week 3 and of our recent Whole School Professional Development Day last week. Staff worked with visiting Senior Years Team curriculum officers and colleagues from other local schools to ensure their learning plans and associated assessment tasks supported students to optimise their engagement and achievement in Stage 2 / Year 12 courses. Professional learning from this day will flow through to Year 10 and Stage 1 courses.
Thanks also to parent support at our College Council AGM. Parents Tanya White, Lauren Winter and Tanya Becker were elected to Council, joining continuing members Liz Hay, Janette Gunner. Belinda Harding is the staff representative, Fred Richardson continues as Invited member with Student Representative Council members sharing the role of representing students at monthly Council meetings. The next meeting is Tuesday March from 5:30pm in the conference room – parents are welcome to attend Council meetings.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 11 Mar VET Intensive Block Week for Year 10. No Year 10 classes operate during this week.
- Fri 12 April Last day of Term 1
- Tue 23 Apr Term 2 classes commence