Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Welcome to all for 2018. It has been a busy start to the school year, with a special welcome to over 100 new students and their families.
To all families and students, new and continuing, please come along to our week 3 Meet the Mentor / Teacher evening on Thursday 15 February, commencing 5:30pm in the theatrette. Following some general information about how our College functions and introductions of key support staff, families will be able to meet their child’s Mentors & Teachers and discuss programs for the upcoming year. There will also be year level specific presentations targetting additional important information. Join us afterwards in the foyer for a light supper – a sausage sizzle prepared by Girls Academy students.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 29 Jan 2018 classes commence at 8.30am
- Thu 15 Feb Meet the Mentor/Teacher evening from 5.30pm