Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
The end of a busy, productive and challenging Term 1 has arrived with staff and students taking a well deserved break.
Students have been reminded of our heading towards young adult behaviours in allowing students to bring mobile phones to College and only use them during recess and lunch break times. During class time, College expectations are that mobile phones are to be away and on silent during class / lesson / learning time, including change of lesson, unless the classroom teacher has given specific instruction to utilise student phones during learning activities.
Term 1 Progress Reports for your student have been posted home. Please discuss these with your child and come along to the Parent / Student / Teacher interview evening on Thursday 26 April 5:30 —7pm, to discuss how our young people can achieve to even higher levels. Looking forward to many positive discussions at this important event.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 23 Apr Term 2 classes resume
- Wed 25 Apr ANZAC Day Holiday
- Thu 26 Apr Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews 5.30pm-7pm
- Mon 7 May May Day Public Holiday