Personal Study Habits
Centralian Senior College students are offered a quality teaching and learning environment that supports academic development and success. Personal study and homework are integral parts of a quality learning process so that students may:
• understand and/or practice the work taught in class
• learn to work independently
• develop skills in planning, organising and time management
• catch up' on work missed through absence from class
• complete assignments on time.
All students are required to do personal study and homework as set by the subject teacher in every subject. Homework may consist of:
• specific formative tasks set during class for completion after class
• revision of work done in class to reinforce concepts
• revision of topics as study for tests and/or examinations
• summative assignments.
Dear parents & community members,
Another busy and successful semester of learning has concluded for the majority of our students. Congratulations to students who have made significant progress.
On Friday 25 August, there will be a Whole School Professional Development Day which has been approved by College Council & the Department of Education. There will be no classes operating. All teaching staff will be participating in a Relationship Based Learning workshop focused on refining a shared and common understanding of what quality teaching and learning looks like at Centralian Senior College. Supported study will be available for Year 12 students in the Year 12 Study Centre on this day.
To all students, families and staff have a well earnt break – with Year 12 students continuing some study, revision and catch-up if needed, as they recharge their batteries for the run down the home straight of semester 2.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Tue 25 July Semester 2 classes commence
- Thu 27 July Australian Mathematics Competition
- Fri 4 August Year 12 Semester 1 Progress Reports posted home
- Thu 10 August Year 12 Parent/Student/Teacher evening 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Tue 22 August Skills, Employment & Careers Expo