After community consultation last year, the College Council agreed to adopt a minimum dress standard. The new College Polo Shirts are now widely worn across the college and two shirts were made available to each student for purchase via the "back-to-school voucher" program. While this is not a compulsory item of clothing, it is the minimum standard of dress required. The expectation is that students dress in a manner that would be appropriate in a work place. Students wearing singlets or "spaghetti straps", cropped tops, or t-shirts with inappropriate graphics or slogans may be asked to either change into a College shirt or return home to change.
Occupational Health and Safety requirements dictate the need for certain items of clothing to be worn for particular activities. For example closed-in shoes must be worn in Science laboratories, kitchens, workshops and for Physical Education practical classes.
Dear parents & community members,
Term 2 is already nearly half way over with students engaging positively in a wide range of learning activities. Mid-term work completion reports for Year 10 –12 students have been posted home last week. Please discuss these with your student and follow-up with teachers any issues, so that student achievement is optimised and all are well prepared for completing assessment tasks & undertaking upcoming exams. Our afterschool Polly Farmer & College Study Centre, Monday to Thursdays 3-5pm in room 136, is a most accessible resource for students to complete homework, undertake enrichment studies or catch up on work. Afternoon tea and a bus ride home with town is available.
Tony Collins — Principal
- Mon 20 May Year 10 VET Intensive week. No Year 10 classes operate.
- Mon 8 Jun Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Thu 13 Jun Year 11 exams commence
- Thu 20 Jun Year 10 Maths exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 10 English exam
- Fri 21 Jun Year 12 Work Completion reports posted home
- Mon 24 Jun Semester 2 courses commence for Years 10 & Stage 1
- Fri 28 Jun Last day Term 2 classes
- Mon 15 July Year 12 Semester 1 exams commence (third week of holiday break)
- Tue 23 Jul Term 3 classes commence